Each child is unique and needs to be understood, valued and empowered to…
- Achieve agency
- Self-advocate for their learning
- Realize their hopes and dreams
We believe that EVERY child should be afforded equal opportunity to thrive.
We believe that EVERY child deserves to be seen, heard, valued, and appreciated.
We believe in instilling a strong foundation of confidence in EVERY child’s abilities.
It is our impassioned mission to offer parents and educators unique and innovative methods that support kids and their learning!
Who We Are
We are parents, educators, coaches, and leaders who understand that nothing is more important to you than the happiness, well being, and educational foundation you are providing for your children at home or at school. We have these goals in common with each one of you.
We’ve been in your shoes with our own children as they progress through their schooling, and know the challenges, frustrations, triumphs and milestones that are encountered along the way. We are here with you to present you with a process to help your kids with skills and practices so that they can personalize their own learning for a lifetime.
Meet The Empower the Learner Team
A trifecta of expertise in learning, technology and mindfulness.
CEO & Inclusive Learning Officer
- ● Co-author of Best Sellers: Make Learning Personal and How to Personalize Learning.
- ● Developed the “Empower the Learner” Framework.
- ● Designed the “Empower the Learner” 3-Step Process to empower all learners.
- ● Termed “UDL Lens of Access, Engage and Express” as a way for a learner to understand the what, why and how of their learning.
- ● International presenter, keynote speaker and expert on personalized learning, Universal Design for Learning and creating learner-centered environments.
- ● Passionate in empowering ALL learners with tools, skills and practices so they become self-directed learners, learners with agency, who are future ready for college, career and life.
- ● M.Ed. In Technology in Education; 40 years in education as a teacher, K-12 administrator, graduate professor, school board member, UDL Consultant and professional developer.
- ● Married to my best friend, Jim for 49 years, and Mom of two sons who inspire my work every day.
Chief Mindfulness Officer
Julie is a Certified Life Coach, Strategist and Teacher of Mindfulness and Meditation. Through the span of 20 plus years, she has dedicated her work to studying, researching, learning, and practicing the elements and tools that support positive self-development, empowerment and personal transformation.
Julie, herself a curious student of life, has a passionate mission to serve as a dedicated coach, teacher and mentor for anyone ready to embrace their own path of worthiness, accountability and unlimited potential. She strives to be a guidepost in helping others to grow, thrive and flourish.
Hillary Goldthwait-Fowles, PhD, ATP
Assistive and Inclusive Technology Lead
Hillary Goldthwait-Fowles, Ph.D. ATP is an accessibility accomplice providing training, support, and consultation to organizations around Assistive Technology, Accessible Educational Materials, and Universal Design for Learning. She is passionate about ensuring that learning is inclusive and accessible for all learners in a way that makes sense for them. Hillary has written and spoken in various spaces around AT, AEM, and UDL. She is also an adjunct faculty member for the University of New England’s graduate certification programs in inclusion, as well as the University of Maine at Farmington’s graduate programs in Special Education. Home is where her heart is in Saco, Maine with her husband, son, and stepson (who have both left the nest) and cats.
Use this form to request information about the Empower the Learner (ETL) Programs that we offer to parents, educators and schools. Please include any questions or specific requests you may have.