Make Learning Personal:
The What, Who, WOW, Where and Why
Put learning back into the hands of the learner!
Through personalized learning, education as we know it is transformed as learners are empowered to take control of their own learning. This thorough and timely resource draws on Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles to create a powerful shift in classroom dynamics by guiding learners to become self-directed, self-monitoring, and self-motivated. You’ll discover:
- A system that includes tools and strategies to reduce barriers and maximize learning for all learners.
- A clear explanation distinguishing personalized learning from differentiation and individualized instruction.
- Teachers’ personal stories of moving through the Stages of Personalized Learning Environments to transform teacher and learner roles and school culture.
- Background information on developing a rationale on why to personalize learning.
- Strategies to create the change that occurs with the culture shift that happens in classrooms and schools as you personalize learning.
Praise for “Make Learning Personal”
“How do we create a school culture where students own their learning? Where being a learner is more valuable than being a student? Personalizing learning for each student seems like a daunting task, but this book is filled with examples from multiple grade levels that will help any naysayer understand not only why we need to do this, but how it can be done. This is not about adaptive learning, but rather a sensible approach to teachers purposefully designing learning with each learner in mind, based on what we now know about how the brain works. You will learn about the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) process, which helps teachers to systematically “reduce or eliminate the barriers that keep learners from learning.” -Nancy White, 21st Century Learning and Innovation Specialist (retired)
Read more praised for Make Learning Personal here!